Interested in working with Garden Island Security?
If you are looking to begin a career as a Security Guard Officer or are an experienced Officer, we’d like to here from you.
We offer rewarding career development opportunities for those willing to serve. To begin employment as a Security Professional, the State of Hawaii requires that you obtain your “Guard Card”. Don’t be discouraged though, if this is right for you, we’ll help you get there. Just send us an email at email@example.com. Let us know who you are and why this is right for you.
Under Act 208, all guards employed by Garden Island Security shall meet the following registration, instruction, and training requirements prior to acting as a guard:
- Be not less than 18 years of age;
- Possess a high school education or its equivalent
- Not be presently suffering from any psychiatric or psychological disorder which is directly related and detrimental to a person’s performance in the profession;
- Not have been convicted in any jurisdiction of a crime which reflects unfavorably on the fitness of the individual to act as a guard, unless the conviction has been annulled or expunged by court order; provided that the individual shall submit to a national criminal history record check as authorized by federal law, including but not limited to the Private Security Officer Employment Authorization Act of 2004, and specified in the rules of the Board;
- Successfully complete 8 hours of classroom instruction given by a Board approved instructor on a Board approved curriculum before the first day of service; and
- 4 hours of classroom instruction annually thereafter.
Security Officer 8 Hour Training in accordance with §463-10.5(d) of the State of Hawaii
- State & Federal Law regarding the Legal limitations on the actions of guards
- Access Control
- Homeland Security Issues & Procedures
- When & How to notify public authorities
- Observation Techniques & Reporting of Incidents including How to prepare a incident report
- Patrol Techniques & Procedures
- Professional Ethics
- Professional Image &
- Aloha Training
- Introduction into Asset Protection
- Human & Public Relations
- Physical Security & Crime Prevention
- Criminal Law & Liability
- Civil Law & Liability
- Incident Investigation
- Emergency Planning & Preparedness
- First Aid, CPR and AED Trained & Certified